Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Using Paste In Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurs

Technical User
May 19, 2002
US
I am having a problem trying to paste data using Microsoft Outlook 2007 (build 12.0.6023.5000). The problem occurs when trying to copy-and-paste data from one item type to another.

So, for example, copying-and-pasting from an email into an email works fine. But if I have copied the data from an appointment, or a contact, or a web page or a Word document, hitting CTRL-V in the email I’m composing does nothing. Using the menu to go to Message->Paste->Paste does nothing. Using the menu to go to Message->Paste->Paste Special-> does nothing unless I select “plain text” as the format. Attempting to paste HTML format doesn’t work, even though (in the case of an email message) the format of the email is HTML.

The same is true for a contact or appointment (i.e., can only paste if data was copied from another contact or appointment). Copying and pasting elsewhere works fine (Firefox to Word, Word to Excel, etc.).

Two other possible clues. First, in the lower-right corner of the task bar, I have 2 icons for the Office Clipboard, and hovering or clicking on them doesn’t make either disappear. Second, I am running Outlook 2007 as indicated above, but the rest of the Office suite is 2003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the idea kjv1611, but I haven't published my calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back