Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using Hit ODBC/400

Status
Not open for further replies.

harding1031

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
US
CR v9.0
Hit ODBC/400
My first time trying to create a report using the Hit ODBC. The problem is my select statements are not working and the string data retrieved looks stange.
Sample data
string field retrieved - 'E2C9D3D6C3', should be '29363', I think the conversion from EBCIDIC to ASCII is not working, any ideas. TIA.

Thanks, I decided to use a different ODBC driver, the Iseries access ODBC(as400 db2). The problem I am have now is, in my record selection, when the SQL statement is generated, it looks like this:
SELECT "YAB3REP"."B3FIDT", "YAB3REP"."B3FJDT", "YAB3REP"."B3FKDT", "YAB3REP"."B3I4NB", "YAB3REP"."B3ASCD", "YAB3REP"."B3LBCD", "YAB3REP"."B3LCCD", "YAB3REP"."B3BYNR", ""."B3AKNB", "YAB3REP"."B3B6CE", "YAB3REP"."B3CBCE", "YAB3REP"."B3CCCE", "YAB3REP"."B3B7CE", "YAB3REP"."B3CACE"
FROM "SCIM400"."YAARDTA"."YAB3REP" "YAB3REP"
WHERE "YAB3REP"."B3LCCD"=0x133-05
Notice the where clause...0x133-05...the 0x is generated somehow...looks like a hex value...making my string look like a numberic value...TIA

That is odd...

Try using a SQL Expression to CAST/CONVERT the field to another data type, then reference the SQL Expression.

I suspect that it's some data type that is confusing Crystal's widdle brain.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back