Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem using CLD(clipper debugger) for 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfield817

Programmer
Jun 2, 2000
US
I compiled a group of prgs using -b but <br>when I use cld &lt;appname&gt; I dont go into the debugger ..<br>Any ideas ?<br>Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>thanks<br>john

you most link the cld.lib in the program<br><br>This is an example fron mi prog.lnk<br><br>file IMP_INS<br>file IMP_INST<br>file IMP_PED<br>file REP_INS<br>file IMP_MAX<br>FILE CLD.LIB<br><br>lib&nbsp;&nbsp;clipper<br>lib&nbsp;&nbsp;extend<br>lib&nbsp;&nbsp;dbfntx<br>lib&nbsp;&nbsp;terminal<br>LIB&nbsp;&nbsp;CT<br>lib&nbsp;&nbsp;cld<br><br><br>then add a atld() in your program and this stop and show the debuger

I tried linking in CLD.Lib and still I was not<br>able to invoke the debugger..<br>Does CLD have an OBJ file ?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>Where do i get Atlid() ?<br><br>Thanks<br>john

No Cld haven't a OBJ file, you need link cld.lib like a cld.obj. You link the cld.lib with yours OBJ, no compile the cld.lib, use the cld.lib like a obj<br><br>And altd() is a standard function un clipper, it's like you press alt+d for invoke cld, but the program do it for you and show cld screen<br>Sorry, I check a i wrote atld()and is altd()<br><br>I hope you can this time<br>Tomas

Tomas<br><br>Thanks for your help ....<br>It worked !<br><br><br>john

Ok good for you!!!!<br>For all programs you need do the same<br>Tomas

A useful option of the Clipper Debugger (CLD) is /s (as in:<br>&nbsp;CLD /s appname ) which will display a split screen (on <br>EGA or VGA) which can view the source code on a screen and<br>the application on another.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back