Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem typing in field

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcreed1

Technical User
May 20, 2004
US
Hello,

I had created this database and made several copies of it to install onto other computers. When I gave a copy to a co-worker we ran into a problem...

When it brings up a form and you go to type the information in the cursor does not move. Instead it just types on top of the letter you typed previously. It does not do that on my computer, so I know the input masks are correct. I had gone to tools - options - keyboard; and that appears to be correct on both computers. I assume it is just a setting somewhere but I have no idea where.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
SFC Reed

Try this
First create a sample DB on the trouble PC, add a form and textbox control, run it and observe the out come. If same problem. Then PC must have a problem.

Hope this gives you a clue.

Peace,

me2you

I won't be able to test the computer for a couple of days. (I am in the Army stationed in Korea, and the computer is on another post).
However, I failed to mention that when you are typing in the field if you hit the right arrow key the cursor will move and accept the next letter in your entry.

Thanks
SFC Reed

Could this have anything to do with the language settings in the Control panel?

Peace,

me2you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back