Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem trunking 2 PBX thru t1 & qsig 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stfontaine

Technical User
Mar 11, 2008
CA
Hi !
I have 3 x 11c, 1 x 81c and 4 X cisco gateway with a lot of double t1 interface. I did manage to inter-connect all my nortel pbx with the cisco gateway thru T1 using qsig, and everything is working fine. So I know that my hardware is 100% working.

Now, I want to connect one of the 11c with the 81c thru t1, and I still want to use qsig. I'm using a cross-wired t1 cable between my t1 cards.
There must be a little mistake in my dch configuration because it's not working. On my 11c, I got the message "DCH: 16 RLS WRONG MODE" so I know it must be a wrong configuration.

Can somebody help me, telling me the complete dch configuration on the 81c side and on the 11c side ?
Meaby it will help to tell you that my 11C is not connected to the pstn. Only the 81c talk to the pstn.

Thanks !
Stephane Fontaine

RLS WRONG MODE on an 11C usually means it is looped to itself, check your cabling, you mentioned a crossover, try straight thru!

This message can also be caused if both sides of the D-Channel are programmed identically. Remember, one should be Net and one User.

allenmac: You got it right !

Few minutes after my post, I realise that both dch were identical. I did try to program the 11c dch as NET without any success but I forgot to disable the dch of the 81c at that time.

So I did shutdown on both T1, re-programed the 11c as USR, and the 81c as NET and everything is working perfectly !

Thanks !

Stéphane Fontaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back