Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem to uninstall applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

moro2003

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
Please help how to solve problem to uninstall don't wanted applications.This fenomenon started after problem created from Zone Alarm
block of my PC.I was unable to uninstall this application in the normal manner through Ad-Remove and I was forced to clean Zone Lab files and registry entries manualy.
Now when attempting to uninstal some application receiving in WISE UNINSTALL window on the Desktop message:
-Could not open INSTAL.LOG. file-
PC is checked against viruses, troyans and other kinds of pests- all is clean.
Probably some of the files are coruppted.
Please for advice what I can do
Thanks,

The moral of this story is to not to install programs or set preferences for any installed programs without knowing what such programs actually do.

Don't be put of on installing third party firewalls, millions of people have them installed without encountering problems. The Windows SP2 Firewall is adequate but a lot of people prefer the extra protection afforded by a third party firewall.

I am glad you solved your problem finally. We may have solved it earlier if we had gone further into my post of 1 Jul 05 0:40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back