Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem to restructure a 1 GByte Paradox Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

PascalKlaus

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
DE
I found no way to restructure a 1 GByte Paradox Table. After some times occurs the error "not enough resources for tempfiles" but I have over 10 GB free Disc space on C:
256k RAM. The blocksize is 32k, Level5. Occurs on different Windows-Systems. I think the problem is the Index (Primary: Autoinc Field, Secundary: 4 Numeric Fields). Any Ideas of any limitations... ?

If you think it is the index that is causing the problem, then try removing the index files, restructuring, then recreating the index files.

I would suggest that if you are getting Gb tables then you probably want to be using a more robust database. Robertio
Alias: Robbie Calder
Software Developer
urc@walkermartyn.co.uk

Thank you Robertio,
after the failed restructuring process, there are no index files anyway. They are removed from the dbDoRestructure procedure. The problem is, that I'm not be able to recreate the indexes, because of the Error described above.
I know that Paradox isn't the best Database for that great tables, but for now I must solve this and I don't know any limitations up to 2 GByte Tables (Blocksize (32k) * 64k = 2 GB)

What might be worth trying then is to create another (empty) copy of the table with the indexes in place and copy the data from the old table to the blank new one. Robertio
Alias: Robbie Calder
Software Developer
urc@walkermartyn.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back