Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem synchronising a replicated database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disey

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
AU
I have 8 remote sites that each input into a replica of an access 2000 database. The replica is posted to an email account we can all access and each office downloads the latest version, makes their updates and, once a week reposts it so I can sync them all and post up the latest version, etc etc.

Works well in 7 of the sites but for some reason the eighth site version always ends up being a stand-alone version when they post it up for syncing.

I've checked that it's still in replica format when they download it but I'm baffled as to why or how it converts to stand-alone.

They are definitely using the downloaded version and not importing into a new database to make it stand-alone.

Any hints would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanx in advance
Disey

Update. We have found that the replica becomes stand-alone after being repaired. The corruption seems to occur when the database is being accessed by several users simultaneously.

Hi,

Not sure if you are around, but I have just had the same problem. Did you work out how to fix it?

Thanks

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back