Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem still with ghosting with xircom rem56g-10 on a MicronTransport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Micron Transport XKE, and I have problems with card not being detected, and an error 33: unable to bind while trying to boot with a Norton Ghost Boot Disk. The ndis2 drivers are .exe instead of .dos, seems kind of retarded to me. But I know this card can ghost, so if there is anybody that has had ghost running on a Xircom Realport ethernet + 56k modem REM56G-10 please give me some help on how to get it going. Thank You , I appreciate the help.

If you need to get the drivers, Intel's got them all for all OS's. We've gotten this driver for DOS working for Ghost under MS-DOS 7 using the NT LANManager client (old NT disks have these files). The Intel link is:

You should get them. If the site is redesigned, just search user downloads for rem56. The EXE name is ok, caused us no problems (nor did naming all references to .DOS)

I've also read reported problems running the card under the 32-bit settings so if you BIOS allows you to change the controller card settings to 16, I'd do that if the new drivers don't work.

Good luck,
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back