Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Showing up the report in VB......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidanshu

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
CA
I am facing a strange situation .I have two option buttons on my vb form - that do following
1.opens a crystal report with all predefined parameters
2 had suboptions to select some of the parameters only and - the parameters selected are displayed on report.

now if i first select option(2) - it works fine and shows me the report and then i may select (1) - also works fine.

But if i select (1) first - works fine- and then when i select (2) does not do anything .after my crreport.Action=1 command the pointer remains on the same form and no report is opened- not even blank - just nothing.
Can't figure out WHY???
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Anshu

Check your report error message by putting this code after the action statement:

msgbox crreport.LastErrorString

I suspect that your selection formula and formulas not initialize. Please initialize your report object formulas and selection formula every time you call a different report.

Thanks for the help.
Yes the problem was selection formula stil had the previous value for the second report and so that caused the problem.Because i din't need any selection formula for second one so i did nothing to it- but i had ti initialize it to "" atleast.Now it works fine.
Thanks again.
anshu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back