Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem sending with attachment OE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

urraca

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
CH
I can send emails with OE6 as long they don't have attachments, as soon I add an attach no matter the size (I tryed with 3 bytes and with 400 bytes) I have the following message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
I haven't change my settings or other thing. any hint??
I have broadband and no problem receiving big attachments.

It's a connectivity issue best addressed to your ISP's technical support lines. I use free Sygate firewall instead of zone aarm. Much better utility.

What Operating System are you using?
What anti-virus and firewall are you using, hardware or soiftware or both. You really only need a firewalled Router if you're using both Software and hardware. On a LAN configuration a hardware firewall could be set not to let certain types of files out. I'd be interested to know the solution you find - there is one.

With IE open; In Tools; Internet Options; Connections tab; there should be no Dial-up connection in the 'Dial-up and Virtual private network setting' box.

Norton Firewall:

Norton Anti-virus and Zone Alarm

Outlook Express

Emachines, Celeron 600, 256 Mb RAM, 30 Gb HDD, ADSL.

Completely deleting the e-mail account and closing OE, then starting OE and setting the account up again could resolve this connectivity issue. Good Luck.

Emachines, Celeron 600, 256 Mb RAM, 30 Gb HDD, ADSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back