Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem sending attachments using verizon dsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

millhouselives

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
US
Hi,

Please help, I have XP home, I use verizon dsl connection, i downloaded their virus tools and use them for protection. Comes free with their service.

Only problem is when sending attachments, they are small jpegs, scanning attachments message comes up and sometimes will completed and add attachment to email to send and I can send OK.

At other times (most all of the time) scanning attachment message will come up and it will scan forever and not let me send the attachment.

anybody else have this thank you for anyhelp!

Have you talked to Verison about this yet?

The answer has always been 42

sometimes free does not equate to good!

remove their tools and use ZoneAlarm, AVG, MS Beta virus software, Spybot, and Adaware programs instead.

i have verizon dsl and have not problems with email attachments with the above programs.

Franklin97355 and eyec, thanks for your answers, have not called trying to avoid that fiasco as a last resort thats one of the reasons I am using the forum I find that I usally get faster, clearer, better response from you experts then from any software vendor tech support.

eyec...good point, I started to do that then when i looked in the add/remove programs their were a couple of Verizon entries and I got a little nervous about which one to remove I will look again I think I want to remove the one entry that says verizon tools.

i also disabled the verizon toolbar

HI,

Well, after removing the verizon tools and then installing another virus program (avast!) Things are working the way they should. No problem sending attachments. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back