Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem - running app from project works, but compiled exe flashes by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeaglefeather

Programmer
Apr 10, 2004
US
When I run my vfp 6.0 application from within the project, it is fine, but after compiling the .exe just flashes right by.I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

David B.

David,
Does your main program have a READ EVENTS? If not, read the help file on this topic, or do a search here on previous threads - there are lots of them!

Rick

I have built a main menu in foxpro which calls several procedures. The action seems to happen before it even gets to the menu selections, which do have:

do form formxxx
read events

statements.

I do not know how to change the startup part of the main menu. I tried "modi file startup.mpr", and I can edit it ok, but the changes made to this file do not stay put when I compile.

I can run the menu from the project just fine.

Thanks,

David Brown

Hi Zeaglefeather,

Don't use the menu as your main. Create a program (PRG) as a main and set it as your "main project". In the main program you can add this code:
Code:
DO MENU MyMenu.mpr
READ EVENTS

Don't forget to issue CLEAR EVENTS (in your quit menu) to quit the application

Hope it works

-- AirCon --

Verify the correct startup program is selected in the project. If you added the form first, by default it will be set to the startup.

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back