Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem refreshing the page containing 2 frames ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msng

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
US
I have a page divided into 2 frames . The code is as follows:
<cfoutput>
<frameset name="CreateCustMain" rows="235,200,*" framespacing='0' frameborder='1' border='0'>
<frame name="CreateCustTop" src="frm_customer_top.cfm" marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' noresize scrolling='no'></frame>
<frame name="CreateCustTbl" src="/#AppDir#/common/blank.cfm" marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' noresize scrolling='yes'></frame>
<frame name="dummy" style="bgcolor: white" marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' noresize scrolling='no'></frame>
</frameset>
</cfoutput>

Now, CreateCustMain is my search frame whereas CreateCustTbl is the search results frame.

There are 2 fields -> Cust Code and Cust Name used for search criteria in the CreateCustMain frame. The user has to enter either one of the fields as the search criteria.

There is an Edit hyperlink next to each record displayed in CreateCustTbl frame.

When the user clicks on the Edit hyperlink, it takes the control to the next page. However, once the SAVE button is clicked on Edit screen, we want the control to return to the first page containing the 2 frames.

Also, when the control returns to the first page, we want to display the search criteria and search results displayed in both the frames on the page as they were when we had clicked the Edit hyperlink.

I am able to return to the first page displaying the search criteria but do not know how to display the search results frame after clicking the SAVE button on Edit screen. I am thinking I need to simulate the functionality of the <FIND> button on the upper frame so that it can display the lower frame with results. How can I do it?
Please help.

The partial form definition for upper frame is as follows:

<CFFORM name = "CustomerFindForm" action="frm_customer_tbl.cfm" method="POST" target="CreateCustTbl" enablecab="Yes" onSubmit="return validate()">

I know this is very confusing. Please let me know if you need more details.

can you use:
Code:
parent.CreateCustTbl.location.href="";
OR
Code:
parent.CreateCustTbl.location.reload(true);
to force the page to change when you click the link/ do something.

Erwin Oosterhoorn
Analyst Programmer,
ice hockey player/fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back