Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem printing scheduled reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstew3

Vendor
Jan 27, 2004
US
I am having issues printing sheduled reports through Web Client 4.5 SU03 on a Windows Server 2003. I have gone through the NTPs to set up the printer as a default printer, and can print from the Server, but it will not give me the option to print the scheduled report when I try and set the report up. I can see the option there, it just will not let me click on it.

Any suggestions? Could it be a problem with Active Directory/ADAM on the 2003 server?

I click on schedule I see the output option it wont let me click on it until i click the during the period from prompt. once that is clicked i can choose the output.

Thank you Nortellian. I am not at a place where I can access it at this time, but I will try that. I want to say that I have completed the entire page when trying this, but I may have missed that.

The problem you are having, where you can print a test page from the server, but when scheduling a report the Print box in greyed out if very common for SU03. To fix this problem delete your printer and then make sure you follow the NPT's exactly. Please refer to Page 195-196 from the NTP dated April 2004 Standard 3.0. The Key is number 8, setting the printer up as a TCP/IP port. That should take care of your problem. Worked for me.

Thank you for your input nortelbetasite. I have deleted it and added it back in, but it still will not print. It does however show up now as an option. I can schedule it to either print, or to export to a folder somewhere, but neither one works. If I look at the scheduled items, it shows the time and everything that the report ran, but it didn't print. I tried another one to export to a folder, and it did not export the files either. I believe it is a problem with web client 4.5 interfacing with Microsoft Server 2003.

Luckily, I can do either one fine from the standard client.

Try this one. Since you can see the "print" selection now. Select the output output option for email notification as well. Run one report with the printer and email checked. See if you get a response from that. Then on the swc server, create a share, say on the desktop. Call it "test" for example. And if your server say is called, "larry" then in your output for a file location it would be. \\laryyy\test\agentperformance for example. Run this with the email notification and see what response you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back