Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem opening macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtorres13

Technical User
Nov 11, 2006
US
I have a .dot file full of macros. The file is in the STARTUP folder for Word so it opens every time Word opens. In the user's computer when I hit ALT + F8 and type the name of the macro, it doesn't show up in the list of availble macros even when the "Macros in:" list shows "All active templates and documents." If I change this list to the template name "Macros.dot (global template)," it works OK, but if I don't change the dropdown list, the macro doesn't run.

In my computer I don't have to do this change to select the actualt template that has the macro. I can just leave "All active templates and documents" and it works OK.

Why does it run OK in my computer, but not the user's?

go to Tools, Templates & add-ins and make sure the file is listed.

The file is listed in Tools | Add-ins and templates and it's not disabled in Help | About Word | Disabled Items.

Are you sure they're not listed? They might be qualified with module name - instead of AMacro, it might be Module1.AMacro and, thus, alphabetically in a different place in the list.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Professional Office Developers Association

Thank you for all your suggestions. The problem appearred to be a corrupted Normal.dot. I recreate it and the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back