Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem opening Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

VortigernWolf

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
GB
Hello there

Have a user on a company network that cannot open an Access 2003 MDB file. Everyone else on the network can open the file apart from this user. When she tries to open the file she gets the error message:

"You do not have the necessary permissions to use the object"

I have re-created her system.mdw by renaming it and just starting access. But she still could not access the MDB file. Yet she has been able to access it in the past.

Anyone have any idea?

Thankyou in advance.

Well have tried deleting the users profile and recreating it but this didnt work.

Yet if the same user logs onto a different workstation she can open the database with no problem. Also any user that logs onto her workstation cannot access the database.

Do I have to de-install office and re-install it, or do I have to format and rebuild the computer?

Thanks

Vortigern

First, post Access questions in one of the six access forums. You'll probably get more answers than you've gotten so far.
Have you tried copying the system.mdw file from a workstation that can open the database over to her computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back