Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem on unzip file~

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamyuwang

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
HK
As the title say, i got the problem of unzipping the file.

I think it is because the file inside the zip file is in the file name of japanese, but i am not using windows in japanese,so the file name inside became some non-readable words and symbol(e.g.?).

However, it is not allow the file name with that symbol, so the unzip process is not allow.

I had try the njwin v1.83, hope to translate the non-readable words and symbol,the non-readable words became readable but the symbol still be here,so still cannot unzip.
i also try the japanese unzip programmebut won't work too.

So I would like to ask is there any method to slove it, such as change the file name inside without unzip it.

Thanks for your attention.

Wait so your this file is in Japanese and your running English Windows. If this is the case i suggest you download the Japanese character set at microsoft.com.

Actually i think i had download the japanese character, as i can read japanese words, webpages etc.

Thanks for your suggestion

I think that you may need to download a japanese zip utilitiy. If you are able to speak or type Japanese i suggest you search for it using google because it supports multiple languages

Thanks for your suggestion,

but i had try some unzip programme,

e.g. winrar 3.1 (japanese)
Lhasa (for unzip *.lzh flie)

But they also won't work

If the problem is a file named " ~ " (without the quotes) appearing on your desktop, it is probably an error; not a file which you can open. Check the links in this thread for more information and solutions. thread615-644531

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back