Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

anumala28

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
US
Hi All,

I am running report in the impromptu client, but whe we publish the report on the web ,It's not running. It is not giving any error, just it is running...running...it never come out with the out put. What could be the reason???

But i am able to run same report Impromptu client i am getting out put with in 3sec.

Please help out.

Thanks,
sri

Can you run it in the server ??

If you can access the server , start IMPServer.exe , then use CTRL+O to open the report , and you might get more messages.

The IMPSERVER is the same as Impromptu Administration but there is no menu available.

If you unable to run any of the reports on the web check for the following Option.

In Internet explorer browser go to tools & select Internet Options.click on general tab and click on settings tab.
In settings check for newer versions of stored pages set to automatically or not.If not select automatically.
It must be set to automatic to see the output of the report on the Machines we are trying to run the report.

Bhas79

Another choice can be that U run some other reports and run OK but not this one. The cause may be that the catalog from impromptu client and the one stored in the report set for IWR are different.

Some times people tend to copy the original catalog to the folder containing the reports to be published, then some joins or tables or whatever are modified on the original catalog forgetting that these changes must be also done on the catalog stored on the report set.

Hope this helps

Einyel
Functional&Technical Cognos Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back