Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem of viewing windows in I.E 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkyrie77

Technical User
Aug 2, 2003
SG
Hi ppl,

got 1 question:

When I visit a website, and click on a link, it' supposed to pop up a window.
But when I click on the link, there's nothing.

At the bottom of the I.E, I could see the 'command' as "javascript:eek:penXXXXPreview()"
(The XXXX is just a name I came up for the supposed window.)

What is wrong man?
I have an ant-virus and a firewall, but I tot I already set the setings to allow pop up.
Any ideas ppl?

Thanks in advance! :)

It could be a popup blocker app you are running or check your internet options in the control panel or from the IE menu and on the security tab click the custom button. In those options, make sure you got scripting enabled.

Try right click and choose Open in New Window.
Has this happened before or just lately?

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs..All involved shall be spared the grief.

Most likely one of the following:

1) Incorrect setting in IE (Tools -> Internet Options). Try setting medium security for the internet on the "Security" tab and make sure the "Java console" and "JIT compiler" are both enabled under Advanced.

2) Although you've checked the settings in your firewall, perhaps something else has been overlooked. Open up the firewall control panel and completely disable it (temporarily of course). If the problem persists, make sure you don't have a separate pop-up blocker installed (AOL for instance has one built-in).

3) Go to the DOS command prompt and type jview. After hitting enter, it will show you in the first line what version of the Java you're running. If the last 4 digits are less than 3805, then search the net for msjavx86.exe and download/install it. After rebooting, try again.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back