Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Networking 3 PC's to share broadband connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartdude

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
GB
First time writer to forum, so be gentle.
I have 4 PC's all running windows XP Professional that I have linked to a Belkin 4 port cable/dsl gateway router all 4 machines can access to internet, 2 can see the other pc's but cannot access them, message saying you do not have access rights pops up. The other 2 just cannot see any other machine. I have deleted and run the network setup routine in XP but to no avail. All machines have the relavent protocols. Can anyone Help ?

Right-click "My Network Places" and righ-click on the Local Connection and choose properties.

Check the settings and make sure that XP's built in firewall is turned off. ====================================
I love people. They taste just like
chicken!

Thanks for the reply, I have already disabled the built in firewall but it doesn't seem to make any difference

Not only the same workgroup (case sensitive too), but check for user permissions. If the user on PC1 doesn't have any rights on PC2, then logon will be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back