Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Moving Set 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubcap1324

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2003
US
Meridian 1 Option 11 Rel 25

This has happened before but I could not figure it out last time. Hope someone has seen this before.

I am moving sets from one office to another. I usually do an luvu to find an unsed tn on the switch. I then move station 1 to that unused tn. Now I move station 2 to station 1. Works fine. Lastly, when I try to move the set from the unused tn down to station 2, I get an SCH0127 - TN already exists. I even tried outing the TN, but get an SCH2501-tn is in the process of relocating. I am stumped, not sure what else to try....

Thanks for any input!

Marty

Sounds like corruption... When you print the TN for the TN you are trying to go to is it a 2317? Sometimes just resetting the switch will fix this error. Other times you may need to have your vendor come out and contact their TAC to clear this.

Moving TNs gives a hi potential of corruption. I'm almost sure that this has happend.

Contact your technical support group to remove the corruption.

For more info about corruption look in topic 'ACD set' a few days ago. My colleque (;-)) gives a very good description of what this is.

Goodluck!
Jacco.

might be coruption, but it happens any time your change the software on a set that is in the set auto relocte table.. if someone dials that code and does not finish the relocte, your dead in the water. fastest way is to ini. you can call nortel tech support, they will charge you major $ and then tell you to ini. change the set relocate code and never give it to anyone. it has never been a viable option. works great in a keysystem, but not do-able for a pbx. if you can afford to just lose that tn/dn, it may not hurt anything. on the other hand it may cause more problems, ini's being the 1st one that comes to mind.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Another option to clear this may just be an INI. We have seen that on a few occasions, and an INI has cleared the issue for us.

This is only helpful if you can take the PBX down without impacting users, i.e. after hours. If you need to swing a big hammer, shut the system down and reload. Again, the ability to do this may not be there, based on operating hours.

Scott M.

I have come across the same instance a couple months back. We had a BFTN located on a KBA and a user outed the KBA with Nulling keys first. Every BFTN on the admins phone would show up even though they were outed. Even tried to add the KBA back on and null the keys even though the number wasn't visible. That was far out and did not work. To shorten my story we had to do an INI.

Thanks for all the info on this topic. I ended up having to ini the switch. Worked fine after that. The corruption topic scares me a little though.

i use the move and copy 100's of times a month if not more, the last time a copy command caused coruption on a non acd set was around rls 16.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

There was a problem when rls25.4b came out on 500 sets. Nortel recommended doing a change on a 500 set before doing a move on it if it was an existing set befroe the upgrade.

have a couple more stars, i was just in a good mood

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back