Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem modifying table from Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerstud620

Programmer
Sep 17, 2003
US
Hey everyone, I just installed Visual dBase 7 on my PC but I can't get it to work correctly. When I open a .dbf and do a simple "replace all" it takes several minutes to go through 1000 records. This is when I use a file that is on a network. When I try it with a file on my HD, dBase zips right through the file.

I tried using a different network card and cable and reset the switch I'm connected to, but nothing worked. I'm confident that it's not a network problem. I tried using several other PC's to do the "replace all" statement and all works fine.

I had this version of Visual dBase installed before I formatted my PC and everything worked fine. I changed some settings in BDE Administrator to what they were set at before also and I still can't get it to work. Any ideas what the problem might be? It sure seems like there is a setting in dBase that isn't set correct but I can't think of what it might be. Any help would be awesome!! Thanks

I forgot to mention, as long as I'm not editing the table, dBase zips right through the file. As soon as I try to "replace all" is when it slows down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back