Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem luanching program on Pocket PC 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elena

Technical User
Oct 20, 2000
US
Hi,

I wrote a very simple program in eVB and made it and installed it on my IPAQ. It seemed to install on the IPAQ just fine, but when I try to launch it, I get an error:

"There is no application associated with "Program". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application."

The file that I installed has a *.vb extension. This is the first time I have tried any programming for the Pocket PC, so I really have no idea what it could be. I have programmed in VB for the PC before, though.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elena

Elena,

I do not know what steps you have already taken so I'll start with some questions.

1). How did you install the application?? Did all the components get installed also??

2). Did you test the application in the emulator first before installing onto your PDA? If so did it work correctly??

If not, you might want to try that first.

If everything worked correctly that way, you might want
to try running it in debug mode within the Embedded
Visual Basic studio. Check your project to ensure that
the target is the device and that all components are
being updated.

Good Luck

Robert

Robert,

I did run it on the emulator first and it did work. I am not sure what components I should install, so I did not install anything. I assumed that since I was using only regular controls (4 text boxes and a command button), that the default would work and I would not need to install anything else. Is that right?

Thanks,

Elena

Elena,

I do not believe that any components would need to be loaded. Since the application worked in the emulator mode it should work on the device. I did the following to prove that:

I did a hard reset on my emulator to remove any possible components that I might have loaded before. I then created a project with 3 textboxes and a command button. I was then able to run the application on the emulator. It did ask me if I wanted to update the pvbform2.dll,pvbhost2.dll, and pvbload.dll. I answered no to all of them. The application then appeared on the emulator. It did not require any additional components to be loaded.

Are you running an IPAQ with the 2002 version of CE? If so, are you using the 2002 SDK with the EVB?

You would need to match the SDK with the device.

If that is correct try running the application in debug mode using your device as the target.

Robert

FYI,

I didn't have the correct SDK installed. I had the CE for Pocekt PC installed, so I thought that would work. When I ran the program in debug with the device, it said that it was the wrong device. Anyway, after I installed the SDK for PPC2002 and it worked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Elena

Glad to be able to help.

Good luck with the programming

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back