Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installing OEM2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello good people!
I am trying to install Oracle Enterprise Manager2.2.
According to installation guidelines, I am supposed to create an Oracle Management Server (OMS)so all OEM2.2 repositories could be stored there.
When I tried logging to as system/manager, I was greeted with an error "VTK-1000: Unable to connect to management server. please verify correct host name and status"
I verfied that the host name is correct.
Can anyone please help me or lead to detailed documentation on how to do it?
toaft

1) You need install the OEM first, that shoud not have problem if you install it on NT or 2000
2) After installation you should able to use OEM stand alone to see dbs.
3) If u need use console u need use oem assistant to create reopsitory first.
4) After that u can use Management Server.

Hopefully that helps.

I think your problem might be that you are using the wrong userid/pw to log on.

For OEM, you gotta use sysman. The password id the default password (which I forget). If you click on help when you are logging on, I think it will tell you.

Hope that helps.

Max

Thanks folks for all your response.
I tried using sysman/oem_temp to login to oms but I am still getting the same error message.
All I am just trying to do is to be able to use backup and recovery manager.
The error I got while trying to use those tools is that the "wizard can only be launched while connected to oms"
toaft

Have you started your OMS ? Go to the CONTROL PANEL > SERVICES and start the Oracle Management Server if it is not started and try logging in again.

Max

All the above applies to my case also. I am also getting the same error messsage, and when am trying to start the OracleManagementServer service, the startup fails without any error message. And as service is not running, there is no way how OEM console can be used with sysman account.

How to findout what is going wrong with the service startup?

Thanx in advance.

Hi,
while staring up the service , you must supplly the following parameter: sysman/oem_temp (ie the username and pwd).. as the startup variable in the space provided when you are starting the service. The Service will not start without these parameters. Try this and get back. Regards,
S. Jayaram Uparna .

If the need arises,you are welcome to mail me at upparna@yahoo.com .
:)

Thanx uparna, but I was giving the UID and PWD both. The problem was not about that.

Finally I got the solution for my problem, thanx anyways.

Here is what worked for me...
I studied the oms.nohup and found that the system I am trying to run OMS on, is not a part of the domain that this service is cofigured with, i.e. the authentication against the domain controller was failing. So I changed SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES in sqlnet.ora from (NTS) to (NONE). This prevented the OMS service from trying to authenticate against the doamin controller, and it started successfuly. [2thumbsup]

Hope it works for somebody else too.

- Raj :)I

Thanx uparna, but I was giving the UID and PWD both. The problem was not about that.

Finally I got the solution for my problem, thanx anyways.

Here is what worked for me...
I studied the oms.nohup and found that the system I am trying to run OMS on, is not a part of the domain that this service is cofigured with, i.e. the authentication against the domain controller was failing. So I changed SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES in sqlnet.ora from (NTS) to (NONE). This prevented the OMS service from trying to authenticate against the doamin controller, and it started successfuly. [2thumbsup]

Hope it works for somebody else too.

- Raj :)I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back