Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem installing 4.9 client on windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stITMAN

MIS
Oct 20, 2003
GB
Ok well this has stunned me..
I have the 4.7 client on a windows 2000 workstation with sp4..
I can uninstall and re-insatll the 4.7 client but when i go to install and configure the 4.9 client I get an error when i hit finish.
The installation could no be completed, so I am back to square. I would like the new client on because it has fixes for NDPS that we are having problems with.

I hope you can help well MARV should be able.

I have issues a winsock fix and also installed the latest drivers for the network, just can seem to install the 4.9 client..

Zaheer Ahmed Iqbal
I.T Systems Support Engineer
Bsc. (Hons).

:) I haven't seen this specific problem. But are you using a local install? Sometimes that helps. And maybe you should uninstall the 4.7 client before installing the 4.9 client. it sounds like you're trying to install over the top of the other one (which would normally be okay)

Also, I've seen virus software interfere with certain installations, and you may need to scrub your registry up and give the install a fresh start.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Ok ive tried uninstalling 4.7 then trying the install no luck same error. The PC Norton Antivirus corporate edition installed ill try to disable that tommorow and try again..
I have removed registry keys to do with Novell Client and re-installed 4.7 but cannot update to 4.9...

Zaheer Ahmed Iqbal
Bsc. (Hons).

Disabling the virus software is a good idea, it definately could be that causing the issue. Other things such as a lack of diskspace on the PC could also cause that.

What specific problems are you having with NDPS?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

NDPS problems are spool errors, losing printers from printers folder.. Also problems with user disconnecting from the server so...

Zaheer Ahmed Iqbal
Bsc. (Hons).

NDPS Spool problems could be corrupt printer drivers, disconnects are usually due to File Caching being switched on at the server.

"It's true, its damn true!"

Yeh well I dont thinks its the drivers beacuse we were having the same problems in the UK HQ and the new clients fixed teh issues with spool errors on windows 2000..
On the other hand ill check for file caching on server..
Thanks,,

Zaheer Ahmed Iqbal
Bsc. (Hons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back