Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem inserting a chart in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

obbian

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
CA
Hi, I have spent quite a bit of time trying to solve this seemingly simple problem. All for naught. So I thought I might give this a try. I have a select query that supplies data to a report. Here goes.
The query uses the following criteria to supply data. Reason code with values(100-110) and start date and end date. The criteria sorts the total amount of downtime associated with the Reason code and displays it for 4 crews. The report runs fine. The problem arises when I try to add a chart using the chart wizard. It should display 4 bars in the graph(one for each of the crews. The amount of lost time being the subject of each bar. I have the chart located in the report footer. So..here is the problem. Without the chart the report runs fine. I input the code I want in the criteria box and then the start date and then the end date. Works and creates the report. When I add the chart it wants to repeat the criteria boxes 5 times before it will show the report at all. I cannot edit the data either for the chart. Send it to Excel and it works fine. View it in Pivot Chart view and it works fine. I just cannot get it to run properly in the report. I have moved the chart to different areas. I have created a second query that the chart is based on which refers to the first query, no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back