Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in Running App. on win 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazal

Programmer
Apr 30, 2003
OM
Hi friends

I have an application which was originally developed on a Win-98 SE operating system, now i have deployed it on 3 places out of which 2 are having Win2K professioanl operating system, out of which at one place it works absolutely fine, where as on another location i get the following error,

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Please note i m using VB 6.0 service pack 5, Access 2000 and Win 2 K service pack 4.0.

And my application is an stand alone one.

Please help immediately coz work got stuck

Thanks in advance

Gazal

Nope i m not using Crystal reports

hi

this is exactly what error i m getting but i have already upgraded to Service Pack 4, but still the same error occurs?

Any further guidance???

Gazal

I have had this error occasionally too!.
It happens (seemingly randomly) when I have a form with a drop-down combo from the Forms Library (fm20.dll). I think the issue is related in some way to office - but that is pretty speculative. Anyway - I have gotten rid of the error by using just a standard drop down combo.

Maybe this will help. I would certainly be interested in finding out more about this problem.

hi MacB

U r right upto certain extent. But in my case it has got everything to do with improper O/s Installation, As my client had very less Hard Disk space he has not installed complete features, which was causing the MsCalender object to fail...

It was sorted once we reinstalled the OS....

HTH

Gazal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back