Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in registering a component

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketankshah

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2001
IN
I have a Compaq H3870 Pocket PC. I am trying to install an application developed in eVB which has the code for scanning barcodes. I am using Symbol scan control. After installing the application, while running it, it does not allow to create the scanner object and throws up an error "Object can not be created". The component I am using is "activescan2800m.dll". I tried to manually register the component, but I can't find the file "regsrvce.exe" to register the file. From where can I download it?

I tried copying the file present in the Embedded Visual Tools on to my Pocket PC, but it gave me "incorrect version" error.

Ketan

Hi ketankshah,
I'm not sure if this will be any good to you but let me know. I had a similar problem myself and found this to work.
If you go to the directory
C:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\MS Pocket PC\target
there should be three folders in there with the file "regsrvce.exe" in each of them. One of these will work when you copy it across to the PDA. I did it by trail and error i'm afraid :-(. Copy the file into the windows directory of the PDA.
Let me know if this works for you

Regards
Jackie

Hi , I have a similar problem in that I cannot find regsrvce.exe on my system. Anybody any ideas where I can get it from ?
Sawron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back