Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in IE with data display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwdcfdeveloper

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
I am having problems displaying data in the IE browser I am returning info from the database and it seems that if the field contains "" in it (e.g. "This is a test" ) the text within double quotes will not display. This data displays fine in Firefox, but not IE. Any ideas how I can display my data inside of text field in IE?

Why don't you show us a snippet of the offending code. That way we will be able to help you much easier than guessing what is wrong and what you meant.

Sure. Here is the code:

<input type="text" name="title" value="#coldFusion.databaseColumn#">

The problem here is that the title (including text inside of " ") will display just fine (e.g. The title: "ABC 123") in Firefox. However, in IE All that will display is The title: and the "ABC 123" gets cut off. Any suggestions?

So, if I am not mistaken, the colfusion insert you're making is a string that looks like this: The Title: "ABC 123"

If that is the case, then IE would be pretty right in doing what it does, since your code then looks like this:
Code:
<input type="text" name="title" value=[b][blue]"The Title: "[/blue][/b]ABC 123"">
The bolded part shows what is actually considered as value. I don't know what FF does to avoid that but you should look into changing qoutes into their code entities (&quot;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back