Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in COGNOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swathi37

Vendor
Dec 23, 2002
US
Hi, I use Access 2000 for reporting. Now we are migrating to COGNOS 6.0. In Access I use Max(ACCESS_DATE) to find out the most recent date for particular customers. (Note: I use QBE) How do I find the most recent dates for specified customers in COGNOS Impromptu? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million for your quick response you normally give.

Hi,

You can use a calculated field in impromptu to get the result you are after:

maximum(ACCESS_DATE) for customer number

This will exactly what it says on the box...and will show the last ACCESS_DATE for each customer number (assuming that customer number is a unique identifier).

There will be a date on each record returned, but the value will be the same for each customer number.

Hope it helps

Kevin **************************************************************
Rock is Dead (Long Live Paper and Scissors)**************************************************************

Just a note: you would have to group on customer if there are multiple rows for each customer in the table.

Regards,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ20-2863 first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back