Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem getting an image to a windows 2000 machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmeche

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2003
US
I am having this problem with several machines, we are using Drive Image and V2I protector. When we restore an image to a computer with different hardware I am getting blue screens when rebooting (Stop: 0x0000007B) inaccessilbe_boot_device. I am sure that has to do with the HAL, but is there any way to overcome this problem.

The machine I am currently working on is a windows 2000 server, and trying to restore an image that was created with V2I protector which basically creates the same image as drive image.

Bret

hi Bret,

Mircosoft says that to image a windows 2000 or upwards machine the destination PC must be the same HAL as the Source PC. The problem is that you already have the image, you may be able to get around it if you re-image your machine but it sounds like your not in a position do that. If you are able to re-image check MS knowledge Base on RIS (Remote Installation Services) and using SYSPREP & RIPREP.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Richie

OK, but what can you do in a situation that you need to replace a motherboard on a 2kserver you would end up in the same situation if it is not the same board, any suggestions.

To get around this the NIC, Video drivers, and SCSI/RAID Controller are the cause. If there is a way to remove the NIC, Video, and RAID/SCSI drivers and reinstall them with the correct ones prior to rebooting, then you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back