Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem formating time in CMS reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

drochel

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
US
I have a CMS report that displays the average time an agent is in the available state. But I am unable to get the format for this field to display correctly. The first character in the field is always a ":". If the time value is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

The report displays the time as ":02:30"
I would like it as "2:30", "02:30", or "00:02:30".

Thanks in advance,
Duane

You could change the format to 245:10, however, times over 1 hour in length will not show the hours, just the minutes (1 hour, 15 minutes, and 30 seconds will display as 75:30).

Susan
"People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Susan,
Thanks for the reply, but that would still be a problem if the value was less than 1 minute. For instance, 16 seconds displays as ":16" with the format set for "245:10".

You could make a custom report that formats the time as mm:ss instead of hh:mm:ss.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

I am having this problem with a custom report. The only way I know how to format the report is in using a table format. And none of the formats for time fields works as I had hoped.

Is there another method to format a field - perhaps within the query?

If you are exporting the information, then you can select to export time duration in seconds.

Otherwise, you will need to write the report in report designer as the time format issues seem to be rectified when written in that mode. You will need to start from sctratch in Designer mode though.

Cheers
Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back