Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Exporting to PDF/Registering DLLs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwsstins

MIS
Aug 10, 2004
US
I ran service pack 3 for v8.5 last week, now I can't seem to export to PDF. Export to other formats (Excel, rtf) works okay. When I try to PDF, I get error: "Failed to export the report."

Per B.O. support site, I registered exportmodeller.dll, but other specified DLLs are not registering. In particular:

u2fwordw.dll
crxf_pdf.dll

When I try to register, getting this message:
"[filename] was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered."

Any knowledge/assistance on this would be appreciated, as I send about 95% of our reports through Adobe!

Thanks,
stinsman

These dll's are not of a type that can be registered.

You may need to register crtslv.dll

What are you trying to export from? Standard Crystal Reports or from an application?

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I'm exporting directly from Crystal...

stinsman

I have tried registering crtslv.dll (which was a successful registration), but this has not resolved the problem. Anyone???

Yes, I did resolve this issue...unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how. I usually document this kind of stuff, but I can't seem to find any info on this problem.

I believe I needed to copy the crxf_pdf.dll so that it was located in the following directories:
[li]C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Patches\Crystal Reports 8.5 Service Pack 3\CR85SP3\Files [/li]
[li]C:\WINDOWS\Crystal[/li]
[li]C:\Program Files\HEAT (which is the application I'm using CR with...)[/li]

Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer.

Pepito,

Did you ever get this solved? I'm running into the same issue stinsman described when exporting to pdf, and copying the dll doesn't seem to do it...

tia,
mp

I haven't had a chance to experiment with the vidru provided solution. I will be working on this today, so I will keep you posted.

Okay guys,
Here is the solution:

I can not stress highly enough that you MUST have all of the DLLs and their dependencies of the same release. For example if you have Service Pack 3 on CR 8.5, make sure that all the DLLs and dependencies - for the VB guys, your Project References - are of the latest release that you have deployed on your system. See, in this case VB was keeping a reference to the old DLLs, hence not working. You must manually go and tell it to use the new ones.

From what I was able to see this was only a problem with crtslv.dll and ExportModeller.dll as on Svc Pck 3 they sit on a different directory, previously they sat in C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Share\. The rest remain on their "normal" directories.

If you are not using Svc Pck 3, just make sure that you include all of these Dlls and that you REGISTER THEM!

What you need for the PDF export are:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin\
crtslv.dll
ExportModeller.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Crystal\
crxf_pdf.dll

Now if you like me are trying to use VB and CR to create, view, print, and export your reports you need all of these: (Please note that I've included the above as well for ease of reference, as well as exporting to Excel, and this is using an ODBC Connection to an MS Access DB also.)

C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component\
craxdrt.dll
craxddrt.dll

C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Viewers\ActiveXViewer\
crviewer.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin\
crtslv.dll
ExportModeller.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Crystal\
crxf_pdf.dll
u2fxls.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\
P2smon.dll
p2sodbc.dll
Crpaig80.dll

I hope this helps, it corrected my problem. Also, please note that it really does not matter where you end up deploying these DLLs on the client computer, as long as you REGISTER them properly! For arguments sake please be tighty and keep them in standard places like \Windows\System32\ or those of your preference)

pepito609

I Hope this will help me also but I am still a nebie at crystall (and xp for thst matter) how does one register where the dll is in regedit or through crystall
thanx
Yosef Guttman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back