Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Exporting report to Excel from an ASP page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzyCrunch

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
I have a report that is called via an ASP page. The report excepts one parameter field, which is a DateTime range value. Here is the code I use:

set session("ParamCollection") = Session("oRpt").Parameterfields

set Param1 = session("ParamCollection").Item(1)

Call Param1.AddCurrentRange(cDate(StartDateTime), cDate(EndDateTime), 3)

This works fine. The problem I run into is when I try to export the report to Excel. I receive the dreaded error "craxdrt error occured on Server. -2147190908: Failed to export the report".

I can export the report to a .rtf, .doc, or .rpt without any problems.

I read thru the documentation at the Crystal Decisions Support Site ( which said to set a default value for my parameter field. I tried this and it did not help.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks,
Rob
hurricane911@hotmail.com

Can you set up a static rpt file and run it on the web server. ie. \\myserver\myreport.rpt and do an export using the page server ?

If so try copying the following files from C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\CRW\Samples\Code\Web\ASP to your asp application directory (esp. if you have recently done an upgrade)

SmartViewerActiveX.asp
SmartViewerHTMLPage.asp
SmartViewerJAVA.asp
toolbar.asp
framepage.asp
SmartViewerHTMLFrame.asp
ActiveXPluginViewer.asp
JavaPluginViewer.asp
htmstart.asp

I'm experiencing a similar problem with exporting from an ASP application (Crystal 8). I have tried everything I have come accross so far including re-registering some of the dll's. What is most puzzling to me is that the export to excel does work for some of my users, but not for others. For myself it works from one of my machines, but not from the other. Both have same version of Office and Internet Explorer. However export options has "Excel 5.0 Document" in the one which works, but has "Microsoft Excel" in the one which does not work. Any Ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back