Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Exporting Outlook Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim58

Technical User
Feb 1, 2004
CA
I exported my Outlook 2003 messages from my old PC to a CSV file, copied to my new PC & imported into Outlook 2003. The problem is Date Received has changed to today's date.

Is there a way I can transfer messages & retain the original Date Received?

Not sure why you'd do it that way. If you're not using an Exchange server, your email is stored in a .pst file on your computer. Simply copy that file over and open it in Outlook. Done.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Easier said than done.
How do I find the location of my PST files. I've changed folder oprtions to view "Hidden" files & searched using Windows Explorer. Nowhere can I see anything called Inbox or Outbox.

You won't find something called Inbox or Outbox. The default is outlook.pst. All email is in one file. Do a file search on your PC.

Microsoft Exchange MVP

Why wouldn't you just use the export to .pst file and import on the other pc?

Why do the export to a .pst file when they're already in a .pst file? That's just adding another step. Either way, the .pst file has to be copied from one machine to another, and then opened on the other machine.

Microsoft Exchange MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back