Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Entering Dates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaintedFlames

Programmer
Jan 28, 2005
CA
Hi everyone,
I having problems entering the right dates in my table... Which might seem quite easy, but for some reason it's not. I have a table with only one column. That column is a Date/Time field, it's format is medium date and it's input mask is medium date. Now for some reason, if I enter 07-Mar-05 it comes out as 05-Mar-07. If I try to change it again, it still messes around with it...

Any help will be appreciated, cause this is really annoying.

Thank you

Jay

And if you enter 07-Mar-2005 ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Somewhere you have different date formats:

DD-MMM-YY and YY-MMM-DD

Check your Windows settings for Date/Time

Check the InputMask in both the table design, and in the form design for the properties for the date text box on the form.

willir, if the inputmask is medium date then the underlying format will be based on Date/Time settings in Windows, which was the reason I suggested that as the first port of call.

Thanks guys,
It's works!!
I had looked there before and it was in the right order, but I thought to check in greater detail. The format was dd-mm-yyyy and I changed it to dd-mmm-yy and it works now.

Thank you earthandfire ;-).

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back