Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem entering a local NXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

shug1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
Cannot dial 248 733 2954
If dialing 733 2954, gets recording to dial area code. If dialing area code, gets fast busy. I get this error when I try to enter the prefix. I checked and its not in the switch?

REQ NEW
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE NXX

NXX 733

ESN073

NXX

NO.. Its the local area code for that site.

still needs to be in the npa table..

prt a npa or nxx that points to the route that you want 1284 to go then add it in 90

new
net
ac1
npa

my local is in the switch as the home npa but i still need it both local, extended area and long distance

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If 1248 is not built, then you will not be able to dial 1248-nxx-xxxx

Does that make sense? It sounds like the Area Code is the prob.

~

If 1248 is not built, then you will not be able to dial 1248-nxx-xxxx

to expand, with 9 as ac1, 1st digit 9 takes you to ld 90, if the next 4 digits are not in 90 you get reorder.. your hloc is used in a different field..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Just enter 248 as an NPA in addition to the 1248; if it is a local area code, a "1" does not need to be dialed.

sounds like your site is using 10 digit dialing. So you will need to build an NPA of 248, and point it to your the RLI that supports your local calls.

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back