Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem drawing boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tviman

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
US
This is a wierd one... up until today, I could draw any type of box or rectangle. Now, I can only draw constrained boxes - no rectangles of any kind!!! I can temporarily change the length and width of a box by changing it's dimensions to a rectangle but as soon as I try to move it, it snaps back to a perfect square!

I've uninstalled PM 7.0, cleaned the registry, then reinstalled it, but no luck. I've also tried to reinstall my old PM 6.5 version but the same thing happens.

A little info - this is on a stand-alone Dell Win2000 machine, 160gb drive, 1 gig memory. Like I said, it has been working fine for the last 3 years. I've run anti-virus, spyware, and adware and found nothing.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Sounds like the Shift key is stuck down or faulty.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Thanks BigJohn but that was the first thing I thought of. Shift key isn't sticking and it works fine in other applications where the shift key is used to drawing constrained objects.

Some additional info:

I removed PM using Adobe's recommendations for manual removal. Then, I reinstalled PM7.0. On start-up, I get this error:

Plug-in cannot be completed
Some System operation failed
[7212]-[6192] 9001:7224

And PM fails to load completely. I found a "fix" on Adobe's site but still can't PM7.0 to work. I can, however, get PM6.5 to work Okay.

Strange......

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Plug-in cannot be completed
Some System operation failed
[7212]-[6192] 9001:7224

I take it this was the page in Adobe Support KB you looked at: Error "Plug-in error: Plug-in cannot be completed..." during startup (PageMaker 7.x or 6.5 Plus on Windows)

The only other occasion I have heard of this, a full and thorough re-install of PM cured it.
7.6 - Re-installing PageMaker
Try a custom minimum install - you can easily add other parts later.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back