Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAIX430

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
OK my server is giving me this message:

Periodic diagnositcs for sysplanar0 has detected a problem.
The Service request number is 805-805

I haven't found any answers in my online searches, and help would be welcome, thanks.

You dont need to change mainboard nor power supply yet - you've just seen how AIX describes a simple power cord pull

IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE NAME DESCRIPTION ORC7E7E5 0510131102 U H SYSIGS ELECTRICAL POWER RESUMED 74533DlA 0510131102 U H SYSIOS LOSS OP ELECTRICAL POWER 3A30359F 0510131002 T S init SOFTWARE PROGRAM ERROR OBC797ES 0510131002 U H SYSIOS ELECTRICAL POWER RESUMED AC64221B 0510131002 P H sa2 ASYNC ADAPTER FAILED 74S33DIA OSIO131002 U H SYSIOS LOSS OF ELECTRICAL POWER

I had a weird error message that I had never had before so I went into smit and generated an error report, which is above. I'm getting concerned.

When did you change your UPS battery ?

Might be it lost power recently and now is hurting your server....

Hi! Dear!
What kinds of your systems?
if you got pci system, problem cause of pmd (power management daemon) in /etc/inittab file.
first of all clean the error log, and then change
inittab file to vi editter. last, excute shutdown -Fr
if you got mca system, ignore this massage.
thanks & regards

Try this then go to AIX and look at 3rd party parts you might find something there Learn something everyday or you wasted a day of your life.

Ah yes and do "errpt -a", maybe there is a clue in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back