Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem copying from one Word doc to another???

Status
Not open for further replies.

00Tech00

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2003
US
Hi there,

I am running Win 2k Pro with Office XP. I am having a problem copying from one Word document to another. The original Word document has some formatting that I need to keep and when the document is pasted, the formatting is lost. I turned smart tags on and am using the feature, maintain source formatting, but this does not work. All formatting is lost during the transition which is very annoying. Any help is greatly appreciate. Thanks!!!

Manny

have you tried using the "format painter" to copy

[sup]
google.gif

I don't believe I have ever used the format painter to copy. How would I go about doing so? Thank you.

Hightlight whatever text you need to copy, click the
painter.jpg
then apply

[sup]
google.gif

Nice try, but that did not work either. Thanks for your help.

Oh ok, it work on my side. Oh well Anytime [thumbsup2]

[sup]
google.gif

Try this:

Copy character and paragraph formats
Do one of the following:
To copy paragraph formatting, select the paragraph — including the paragraph mark — that has the formatting you want to copy.

To copy character formatting, select the text that has the formatting you want to copy.

On the Standard toolbar, click Format Painter , and then select the paragraph or text you want to apply the formatting to.
Tip To copy the selected formatting to several locations, double-click Format Painter. Click the button again when you're finished, or press ESC.

[sup]
google.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back