Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem copying files containing Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

MIS
Apr 8, 2001
GB
I am trying to Copy and Paste several separate files, each containing text with Tabs, into one larger, single file. However, the text in tabs breaks up no matter how I try to do it. I have also tried 'Highlighting the whole document' and anything elsde I can think of, but nothing works!

The program is Publisher 2000. Does ayone have an answer to this problem, please?

Eric

Have you tried resetting the tabs in the target publication to the same location of the original publication?

--
JP

This has worked wonderfully and is such an obvious answer.

However, I have run into a problem with one particular file because there was already another piece of tab work present on another page. When I changed the tabs settings for the 'new' file (although I only changed it on that page) the original tab work insisted on changing as well (and going wrong, of course). Perhaps one cannot run mixed tab settings in the same file?

Many thanks for your help, JP.

Eric

Have you tried a Paste Special - as unformatted test into a text box that has been preset with the tabs you want?

--
JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back