Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem Converting Micrografx Flowcharter 7 files to Visio 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

suelew

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I downloaded a file from the MS Office Download Center that should convert Micrografx Flowcharter 7.0 files into a Visio format. I cannot get it to work. I see the conversion going through the Flowcharter file and then I see it trying to convert it to Visio but then there are errors in the log and a message that says that the conversion failed. I noticed that I do not have the 7.00.353 "build" that is stated in the documentation and cannot locate it (I only have 7.) I am directed to get the .353 build update at but this site no longer exists. I think the conversion may not work because I only have Flowcharter 7, not 7.00.353. Thanks in advance for any help provided with this!

Unfortunately, no, it was never resolved. It ended up that the files were just recreated in Visio.

The only other thing a found was the following Web site which takes you to the company that created the conversion program. They may be able to help you out:

The only way I could convert was to, from flowcharter, Save As, and choose type: Micrografx ABC Flowcharter 3.0/4.0

Then from Visio; Open, Type, ABC Flowcharter.

Not an automated task, but quicker than redrawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back