Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting Win2000 with WinNT domain 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacheson

Programmer
Mar 30, 2000
US
I have just received my first group of new computers with Win2000 and I am unsuccessfully attempting to connect them with the existing WinNT (SP6) domain.

When I type the user name and password into the dialog window I get the following error message: "the credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials".

I tried the Microsoft TechNet forum and did find an answer - but the suggestions did nothing to resolve my error.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sam

Have you configured your W2K wkstns to join your domain? Do this by right clicking on My Computer, Properties and Network Identification. Follow the wizard in joining the network. Let me know what happens....

Hey THere,

If you are using NT 5.0 to connect to a domain whose
operating systems precede the latest you should try
installing service pack NT 5.0 on the domain server that
your trying to get connected to. What I have known in the
past is that that 5.0 computers will not communicate with
any 4.0 OS or less unless service pack is installed.

I am also having problems w/a W2K Pro machine and a NT 4 Server, I have joined the domain but cannot see all devices that show from my other NT 4 WKs or W9x machines. Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance.

In response to the original question. #1) Do you have the username (s) configured for multiple logon sessions?

After playing with it, I could see my PDC but not my BDC. We have almost 70 servers and machines that normally show in our domain, most I have seen so far is 15.

Thanks in Advance.

Jim Knight

Sorry, no help here. But I did see a Post stating that You'd need Service Pack 5 on NT to work with W2k.

Thanks, might have it worked out, I'll post again when I'm sure...

Jim Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back