Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting to data store after renaming server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopsy

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
AU

I've had to go through the process of renaming a Citrix server (PS4), and followed instructions that I found on the Citrix website.

Now, however, I cannot start the IMA service, and I'm getting an error -

The Citrix Presentation Server failed to connect to the data store. ODBC error while connecting to the database 08001 Microsoft ODBC SQL server DBNETLIB SQL server not found.

The SQL server instance that holds the datastore (same server) is running, and I can successfully connect to it using the new name in Enterprise Manager. I've checked the HKLM\Software\citrix\ima\serverhost key and it's showing the new name, same for HKLM\software\citrix\ima\runtime\hostname key.

Any suggestions?

Extra info - I have also edited the mf20 dsn file to include the updated server name, and when running a dsmaint config, it reports that it connects to the data store successfully.

I've now solved the problem. Looked like a corrupt data store. I restored from backup, all good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back