Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem connecting My Crystal reports to Remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyogili

Programmer
Apr 8, 2005
US
Hi All,i am having a problem with the Remedy client and my crystal reports.

I dont see any data when i tried to browse the field names. But actually i do have data when i am trying on my Remedy client.

will there be any change in the fieldids, so that crystal reports is showing no data

i am using the OLE DB[ADO] CONNECTION, COZ MY CRYSTAL REPORTS IS VERSION10

Actually when i checked with the admin he said the orginal field ids are for

CHG:CHANGE (table). In the create New connection i am able to see the table in this way(CHG:Change), but when i add this table, the table is changing to CHG_Change and the fields name i have are below. I got the actual fieldids from the admin which i am giving beside them

fieldid fieldname
1 Changeid
700000001 Domain
536870979 QA
536870980 florida
536870975 Config
536870976 Webstats
536870977 Netcool
260000126 Risk factor
240000006 Responsible grp+
240000015 Assigned To
240000007 Description
240000013 planned start date
7 Status

when i got connected i can see all the field names, But when i drag and drop i dont have any data in these fields, do i need to use the

Alias and change the field names in Database Expert -- Addcommand to the fieldids(this is a guess)

If so can anyone help me with this, how to write the alias command. please i am in urgent need of this.

and in my show sql query i am getting the query in this way

SELECT "CHG_Change"."Domain", "CHG_Change"."Change ID+", "CHG_Change"."QA"
FROM "CHG:Change" "CHG_Change"

So can you guys help me out with this.

Thankyou,
varun.

You'd do better posting to Forum 3, Integrate. (Click on my ID to see a short cut to this and other forums you may find useful.)

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

There's a known issue with Remedy and CR-10, you can find details on the Remedy site.

Currently, you can only use CR-9 with Remedy.

Don't use that dll to connect to Remedy. Either connect via ODBC, or use a native Oracle driver.

It's a point that Remedy don't support CR10, although that shouldn't stop you seeing the data. Remedy are usually a couple of CR versions behind. If you have CR7 - 9 try connecting with these, but as the first port of call, switch your driver, verify the database, and refresh the report.

Naith

Incidentally, it's normal for your reports to reflect CHG_CHANGE or HPD_HELPDESK in Remedy, because you're looking at the view. The table entity isn't straightforward to query, being as the tablenames and fieldnames are usually meaningless to the average coder.

Forget trying to reconcile with the fieldids. You should be pointing your reports at the Remedy views, not the tables.

Naith

Hello guys the problem is, i am having 2 servers, one is the production and the other is development.

when i am trying to access the data from the Development server, i am able to get the data from the same CR10.

But i have to use the Production server. When i am trying to connect to this, i am able to establish the connection, but i cant see any data in my report.

Dont know whats wrong? Help me out with this.

Thankyou,
Reddy.

I don't use CR 10 much, but in experimenting with CR 9, 10, and 11, I've found that the only way to reliably get information from a Remedy ODBC connection is to use the *original* crdb_odbc.dll which came with CR 9 (any subsequent service packs or updates which update this dll will cause problems when accessing Remedy). The DLL version you need is 9.2.0.581 - if you still have access to CR 9 install CDs use this to overwrite your existing crdb_odbc.dll and you may see issues with Remedy reporting go away. I know a number of people have done this with CR XI and it has solved their problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back