Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem configuring DTM-T1 on expansion BCM50 R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmidnight

Programmer
Mar 30, 2015
DO
Greetings fellows, I've been working with BCM50 since Rls 3.0 and I've never come across this issue. The problem is the following:

I'm trying to configure a BCM50 R5 with an expansion module with a Digital Trunk Module installed as a T1 for lab test. I know you must configure the parameters under the Telephony Resources/ Module Details window to specify if it is AMI SF or B8Z but, the Module Details is not showing up!! (I left a screenshot so you guys know what am talking about).

The expansion license is installed, the connection cables between the Main and Expansion were tested with a Fluke DSX-5000 and are ok, I've changed the Expansion unit with a new one, changed the DTM also, tried a new power supply for both the main and the expansion unit with no success...

Anyone has come across this bug with BCM50?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks in advance

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8ade7f14-5048-42fc-8ac4-40e60248f160&file=telephony.JPG
Make sure your EM is up to date at 62.0.5 here:

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I also wrote a FAQ here:
In case Java is the issue too.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Are you using the DTM purely for the 4 analogue lines 65 to 68?. What does the physical trunks window show?.
Have you rebooted the BCM in case it needs to be reset?.
Have you tried disabling the DTM and then enabling it again?.

As Curly has stated, you need to have the last version on Element Manager as some of the screens don't show correctly.

You will probably need to add in the link Curly gave out in the exceptions area in Java to allow you to download the software.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

Yes using Win XX o BIT XX is not related to my answer.
Its the tools you work with that need to be correct.

EM is Element Manager
Java is something used by Billions of devices (lol)

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I have a workaround for those who have Windows 10 installed:

1- Configure a virtual machine with network interfaces set to NAT
2- Set the IP Address of YOUR physical machine to 10.10.11.2/24
4- Install Java version 7 on virtual machine
3- Install the EM and run on the virtual machine.

Now I'm able to see the Details window I was talking about.

Apparently there's an issue with Windows 10 and Element Manager 62.0.5

Thanks to curlycord, I thought of this solution when you mentioned the Java issue.

Also thanks for your contribution FirebirdScrambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back