Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem: Auto Rescheduling of scheduled tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannerm8

Programmer
May 14, 2004
GB
Hello,

Im having some serious issues with Scheduled Tasks not running when they should be running (ColdFusion MX).
I am setting a certain script to run every day at 18:00, but instead it only runs at 00:00:00....i.e. the next day!

I have checked the scheduler.log, and it reports that the tasks are getting rescheduled! The servers system time is fine.
Here is an occurance in the log:

"Information","scheduler-1","05/12/04","18:00:00",,"[Daily_Script] Executing at Wed May 12 18:00:00 BST 2004"
"Information","scheduler-1","05/12/04","18:00:04",,"[Daily_Script] Rescheduling for :Thu May 13 00:00:00 BST 2004 Now: Wed May 12 18:00:04 BST 2004"

There arent any other scheduled tasks set to execute around the same time, so it cant be a system resource problem. Why is this happening? If anyone can give me any info about why task get rescheduled, I'd really appreciative it.

Cheers.

As far as rescheduling goes, that's how CF handles scheduled tasks. It will execute the task, then reschedule the task to execute again at the same time on the next scheduled day. But for some reason, your's is rescheduling it to run at the wrong time. I'm really not sure what could be causing that. Have you tried deleting the scheduled task and recreating it?

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

No, I havent tried that. I'll give it a go and find out, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back