Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem after reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

letmeintubate

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
US
I just reformatted my hard drive. windows 2000 pro. all went well until after completion the pc asked me for a volume label. I hit enter to assign the default name which is C. after rebooting and the pc starts back up it starts up normally and then very quickly shows a windows 98 startup screen and then it goes to, what look likes DOS and then shows C. I have tried to put a start-up disk in the A drive, before turning on the machine, but this doesn't work. What must I do in order to get to the point to reinstall windows...

Hi,

let me ask you this first... ( it may give you an answer at the same time)

Did you ever have a dual OS booting on this drive?

when you say reformated, did you delete the partitions or simply reformat the one that was existing?

Do you have more then one partition and what is it or are they?

MBWIZCA

no i dont have a dual booting on this drive. when i say reformat i mean well at least what i called myself doing is wiping everything off my hard drive and starting from scratch. i assume that from what i've read to have reformatted my drive...to wipe clean. More than one partition?? you got me..i guess theres just no hope for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back