Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem after 2000 to 2003 Upgrade, prompts to Overwrite now

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisond

MIS
Mar 28, 2006
US
Hi All,
Looking for help on Access 2002. Have a Macro that worked fine in 2000 but now prompts to overwrite the file. It never did this in 2000 but I've inherited this so I'm playing catch-up. The Macro has Output To set up as follows;

Object Type: Report
Object Name: Print r01replen
Output Format: MS-DOS Text
Output File: \\servername\printer_sharename
Auto Start: NO
Template File: blank

What this is doing is printing Report directly to a network printer. Like I said, it works on Windows 2000 Access 2000. I want the prompt about overwriting an existing file to go away. Any help would be appreciated.

warnings - off - at the beginning
warnings - on - at the end

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
Programming is 1% coding, 50% error checking and 49% sweat as your application bombs out in front of the client.

Thanks Ian for the reply. SetWarnings is being used and the argument is set to NO. The exact message I'm getting is within an MS Access pop-up window and reads;
The file '\\printserver-name\nn.nn.nn.nn Already exists.
Do you want to replace the existing file? YES NO....

Am I mixing commands? I am new to MS Access so if I have the wrong command please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back